6th APEAEN International Conference
18-22 August, 2014
Naga City, Philippines
Conference Theme: Enhancing Food and Nutrition Security for Farm Families: Role of Agricultural Education and Rural Advisory Services
The organizers of the 2014 APEAEN conference envision that this learning activity will provide ample opportunities for participants from different countries in the Asia – Pacific region to share and exchange knowledge and experiences, and derive solutions to problems related to food and nutrition security through practical educational processes and through rural advisory services.
Expected Outputs of the Conference:
1. Information and technology sharing through plenary sessions, lectures and presentations of about 100 scientific papers and 100 posters to about 400 participants from the Asia –Pacific region.
2. Identification of possible solutions to achieve sustainable food production and nutrition security including OA for farming communities.
3. Identification of areas for curricular reforms that address concern for food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction and preparedness for the agriculture sector and gender perspective integration in agriculture and rural development studies.
4. Identification of technology, products and services that can be utilized by stakeholders for the advancement agriculture education, research and extension for food production and nutrition security including OA for farming communities in the respective countries
5. Production of proceedings
Thematic Areas for Paper / Poster Presentation:
a. Agriculture Education: Responding to Environmental Challenges of Farm Families
b. Public-Private Partnerships for Providing Practical and Soft Skills/life skills to Students, Trainees and Farmers
c. Good Adaptation Practices in Agriculture and Fisheries for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management
d. Enhanced Methodologies in Research, Extension and Rural Advisory Services for Food Security and Safety of Farm Families
Regular Registration - USD 250
Early Bird (Registration on of before March 31, 2014) - USD 200
Regular Student Registration - USD 150
Early Bird for Students (Registration by March 31, 2014) - USD 100
The fee will cover participation in all sessions, field trips, conference materials, meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), refreshments, welcome reception, and farewell party. Hotel accommodation is not included.
For registration online, please go to http://www.apeaen.org/web/ or contact the following:
Dr. Ana Quimbo – APEAEN Executive Director at
Dr. Carolina Santillana – APEAEN Treasurer at
Call for Papers and Posters: click here to view announcement